Miss Lisa requested my flapjack recipe, and this time I managed to find it in the archives, so here it is pretty much copied and pasted:
Ingredients (this amount will fill a normal sized roasting tin):
8oz (250g) butter
8oz (250g) soft brown sugar
1lb (500g) golden syrup
1lb (500g) porridge oats
blackberries (amount unspecified – just drop them into the mixture till it looks like you’ve got enough – but 200-250g sounds about right)
1. Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3 (170 degrees C).
2. Melt the butter in a pan over moderate heat, then add the sugar and syrup; keep on heating and stirring until the mixture is smooth and no sugar grains can be seen.
3. Stir in the oats and mix thoroughly together.
4. Stir in the blackberries.
5. Lightly grease the baking tin, then spoon in the mixture, flattening it into a layer about 1cm thick.
6. Bake for 30 minutes until a rich brown*.
7. Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into fingers. Remove from the tin when cold.
8. Store in an airtight tin (or handy piece of tupperware!). Will keep fresh for up to 3 weeks.
* except that with the blackberries the rich brown will be somewhat, uh, purple-ish.
This is pretty much what I did from memory last week and they came out a bit soggy – I think I might have had them in the oven slightly less than 30 minutes. I’m going to make some more tomorrow, but will be pushing the boat out and using raspberries instead. Talk about living on the edge 🙂