The only news today is how comprehensively beaten I am getting in ALL my games of Scrabble/lexulous on facebook. This morning Mary and I finished a game where she beat me by around 200 points. I demanded a rematch, which we played most of the day. She beat me by around 300 points. It’s a good job I don’t have (too many) self-esteem issues!
This picture is from the grounds of the Cathedral of the Isles in Cumbrae, so taken last Saturday. These are the first snowdrops I’ve seen this year, though I have seen a few crocuses peeking through the ground at uni (not flowering yet, but hopefully in the next week or so). I’ll look out for bulbs in Queen’s Park tomorrow, assuming I get up in time to go to the Farmers’ Market (not guaranteed given how tired I feel!).
I’m really tired of winter now. I want some COLOUR again! (I know grey is a colour, but that doesn’t count!).
How is it possible that I can play (what feels like) 20 million games and lose Every Single One Of Them. I still haven’t won or drawn a single one!
1st year essays are due in tomorrow, so I shall have to start marking from Friday. Expect an increase in the number of Scrabulous games I start.
* I am rubbish at Scrabulous and am currently being slaughtered by derf.
* I know that teaching only one day a week isn’t that arduous, but I do hate Tuesdays.
* Glasgow’s Christmas lights are on, and are even more hideous than ever. I might take my camera into town soon and try to show you them in all their blinginess.
* I miss HD and am trying not to get stressed about the fact that Plan B has fallen through as well. When he gets here tomorrow we will have to think about a Plan C (but we will have a snog first).
* Because they don’t read banns in Scotland, I have to arrange to swear at a vicar in England soon and give him wads of cash. I wonder if he will take Royal Bank of Scotland one pound notes?
* 39 sleeps to go till the wedding 😀